Support the Credit and Underwriting team in underwriting potential investments from a corporate credit, tenant performance, lease structure, and real estate-quality perspective to identify/mitigate risks
As part of evaluating a potential acquisition, we incorporate information about a tenant’s commitment to ESG into our investment committee memorandum and take into consideration environmental and climate risks that might subject us to financial liabilities or regulatory actions. We are committed to identifying sustainable practices that are financially responsible and operationally feasible when working with our tenants or managing capital improvement projects.
- Assist with acquisition underwriting responsibilities including financial analysis, market research, lease review, due diligence, and creation of Investment Committee memos
- Monitor market and submarket fundamentals including supply and demand fundamentals, lease comps, and sales comps
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic, and detailed real estate market data
- Articulate findings (both pros and cons) and provide recommendations for transactions in a professional, thorough manner
- Monitor tenant credit profiles/financials of existing investments.
- Perform research on potential tenants/industries of focus
- Conduct property site inspections and market tours (travel required)
- Assist with special projects as needed (i.e., creation of credit dashboard)
- Manage and maintain portfolio watchlist
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, finance, real estate, or related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of commercial real estate underwriting, credit analysis, or portfolio management experience
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrate the highest standards of business leadership, ethics, intellectual curiosity, and collaboration
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to offer concise analysis and summaries of credit profiles, trends, key risks, etc.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and collaboratively within and beyond his/her team
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
- Preferred (not required) experience in Tableau or other data analytics software